The online form of the programme decreases the barriers of availability of the activities (both with regard to time and geography), to participate one needs only a computer with internet access. In the programme courses participants start with studying given topics and issues being led by professional trainers. In the second part they work on an essay covering a particular topic. Later they present their essay in online defence and they can also apply for presenting their work in front of expert jury and other participants of the courses.
Talnet programme helps its participants not only in orientation in expert topics but also in growing in their computer and communication literacy. After passing the course successfully the participants receive a certificate. Apart from the basic course the participants can take part in excursions at specialised facilities where they can experience the expert work (experiments, measurement, observation etc.). Courses and excursions are complemented by many different other both online and presentation activities, for example international project with partner organisations, summer and winter assembly and so on.
- It offers an alternative to competitions and short-term presentation activities. The Talnet programme is available all year long and according to experts long-term activity is crucial in working with gifted youth.
- It creates a community of people interested in science and it is a tool for communication between scientists and universities and motivated young people who are deciding about their future career.
- It is multidisciplinary and allows pupils and students to pass from one field to another or choose multiple fields and to find out in which area their talent might be extraordinary.
- It is a basis for communication between a pupil and an expert in a specific field and allows individual and deep development of pupil’s potential.
- It is a unique project not only on European level.