Within the cooperation practices existing between Czech Republic and Spain in the fields of industrial and technological research and development in the framework of the EUREKA program, in which both countries are active members, participants from both countries are invited to submit joint project proposals. This call is managed in cooperation and in line with the procedures of EUREKA innovation platform (www.eurekanetwork.org)
The Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports in the Czech Republic (MEYS) and the Centre for the Development of Industrial Technology, EPE (CDTI) in Spain are announcing this call for Proposals for joint R&D projects, focusing on developing innovative products and applications in all technological and market areas. Applicants are expected to develop ready to market solutions or projects which have strong market potential for Czech Republic and Spain.
This call invites projects in ALL thematic areas or application domains.
The MEYS is the National Funding Authority for international cooperation in R&D&I between companies, universities, research institutes and others. Its funding support is open to all EUREKA technological fields (bottom-up approach). Project evaluation is done under the 6th National Call INTER-EUREKA which is conducted at national level.
CDTI is the Spanish National Authority responsible for fostering the technological development and innovation of Spanish companies.
Both MEYS and CDTI will provide all necessary assistance to project partners during project proposal preparation and submission, evaluation and monitoring phase. In addition, both parties will facilitate EUREKA application process and acquisition of the EUREKA label for accepted proposals.
These organizations will also provide access to public funding for the joint projects. The support will be given to each partner by its own Authorities in accordance with the national laws, rules, regulations and procedures in effect, on a non-exchange of funds basis, and subject to budgetary availability in each country.
Call Launch and criteria
The Call is launched on 1st February 2019 by MEYS and CDTI.
Eligible partners are invited to present joint proposals for industrial R&D projects according to the following criteria:
- The partners should include at least one Czech and one Spanish companies. Participation of research institutes/universities is welcome as subcontractors according to each country’s funding regulations.
- Companies from other countries may also participate, but they will not be funded by CDTI or by MEYS.
- The Czech and Spanish partners must express their will to cooperate to the development of a new product, industrial process or service. The product, process or service must be innovative and there must be a technological risk involved.
- The project should have an obvious advantage and added value resulting from the technological cooperation between the participants from the countries (e.g. increased knowledge base, commercial leads, access to R&D infrastructure etc.).
- The project should demonstrate the contribution of all participants and the project must be significant to them.
- The participants are required, prior to obtain the EUREKA label, to have signed a consortium agreement.
Any partner whose cooperative R&D project is consistent with the aforesaid criteria can apply to the present announcement in accordance with the national laws, rules, regulations and procedures in effect.